The Role: DevOps Engineer
As DevOps Engineer, you will work as part of the team that manages and delivers Software Development projects and helps to ensure availability of key DevOps services used by the Software Development team and Business units as well as critical QA/UAT and Production environments.
- Work collaboratively with Software Development and IT Operations to deploy and operate our systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Help build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects.
- Maintain, upgrade and configure our Internal services.
Skills and Capabilities
- Extensive working in an IT infrastructure role with strong background in Linux and Cloud administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience with VMware virtualized environments, mostly server virtualization and software defined networking
- A working understanding of code and scripting (Mostly Java, Python, Bash)
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Good knowledge of running/configuring Apache and Nginx web servers
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Good knowledge of networking
- Experience with Atlassian products (Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Server, Bamboo, HipChat) in their hosted version
- A self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision
- Good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business people
- Results focused with excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with SQL in general and PostgreSQL, MySQL specifically (NoSQL experience, such as Cassandra, Redis and MongoDB is a plus.)
- Experience with Messaging middleware and AMQP. Specifically Kafka and Artemis
- Experience with Cloud services (experience with AWS would be nice)
- Experience with Linux development toolchain (i.e. rpm, yum)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Salt, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
- Experience with APM tools such as NewRelic or SysDig
- Certified in Linux, VMware, Citrix
- Good knowledge of Mac OS X a definite plus
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuit a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enrol to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Service Development department.