User Experience (UX) Developer
Do you love creative problem solving? Are you passionate about making products that actually work for users? Are you ready to take on challenging, meaningful work? SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a User Experience (UX) Developer to support the establishment of a User Experience team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly formed UX team at a well-established organization. User experience is a strategic initiative at SRC, Inc., involving building a UX Center of Excellence team that will consist of a large number of UX practitioners over the next four years. This group will be responsible for increasing the usability of our products by designing end-to-end experiences utilizing Human-Centered Design principles and practices. They’ll also be charged with advocating the benefits of human-centered design and training other SRC, Inc. employees.
- Design, develop, and test user interfaces in support of national defense systems
- Translate wireframes and high-fidelity design mockups into tangible solutions
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to solve customer problems together
- Participate in laboratory and field integration testing to validate software
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art techniques and technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products
- Contribute to research that fuels innovation and technological advancements
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, web development, user experience, with a December 2020 or May 2021 graduation date
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Knowledge and/or experience with UX processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of software development methods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, think independently, and overcome technical challenges
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills