Principal Test Engineer (Advanced Manufacturing)
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a highly seasoned and manufacturing-savvy test engineer to join their Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team. Individuals who are passionate about helping to develop and manufacture complex products through the creation of robust manufacturing test processes are best suited for this role.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus based on experience and skill level.
SRCTec, LLC is a manufacturing and life cycle management company specializing in the cost-effective production of high-quality, high-reliability, advanced military electro-mechanical products. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of SRC, Inc., which is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 65 years of experience in defense, environment, and intelligence. Together, SRC and SRCTec work with the customer for the best solution – not the bottom line – resulting in nationally significant, next-generation solutions that are supported throughout their full life cycle. For more information, visit www.srcinc.com/about/srctec.html.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Apply advanced knowledge of engineering principles and concepts to the broad categories of product design, manufacturing test development, and validation/qualification challenges.
- Collaborate with product teams early in the development cycle to understand design intent and direction, and to ensure high levels of DFT are achieved.
- Partner with R&D engineers to drive rigor in deriving appropriate and thorough manufacturing test requirements, and to ensure that test systems are aligned with the capability of the product.
- Architect test capabilities and systems based on an existing, common SRCTec platform while developing customized features and interfaces.
- Generate, debug, and validate test station software using LabVIEW and TestStand development applications or equivalent.
- Provide direct support to factory and sustaining personnel during new product transitions to volume manufacturing, including test station use / debug / maintenance, and assist in determining root cause of production test failures as necessary.
- Lead and manage multiple test development efforts simultaneously and direct assigned test development resources as required.
- Coach and mentor junior test engineers and less experienced staff in effective test design practices and concepts.
- Support AME initiatives with wide business impact and help proliferate best practices across the entire SRC enterprise.
- Possess any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience per the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or similar field with twelve or more (10+) years of related experience.
- Display strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative, professional demeanor while interfacing with all levels of the enterprise.
- Maintain flexibility and stability in a constantly changing technical environment.
- Apply methodical and analytical problem-solving skills to challenging manufacturing test issues.
- Utilize skills in project management to ensure timely and complete execution of test development efforts.
- Subject matter expertise in manufacturing test strategy and DFT as part of new product development efforts and manufacturing transition initiatives.
- Ability to translate fully or partially defined system and/or test requirements into robust manufacturing test solutions, in some cases where no precedent exists.
- Skilled in printed circuit card assembly (PCA) thru system level functional test development (and everything in between).
- Hands-on experience working with sensitive RF measurements and high-speed digital systems.
- Competent in LabVIEW and TestStand development environments, with NI certification preferred in both.
- Proficient with database structuring and manipulation using SQL.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: