Systems Engineer (December 2022 / May 2023 Grad)
SRC is currently seeking Entry Level Electrical/Computer Engineers to support full-lifecycle execution of programs and internal investment work with our electronic warfare (EW) Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) business area. In the diverse nature of our work, we have team members with varying backgrounds and technical expertise, and welcome collaboration. Your responsibilities will include supporting the development of advanced EW software applications/hardware products in both factory and field environments.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Perform system simulations, modeling, and data analysis (via MATLAB and/or Python)
- Implement signal processing and data analysis algorithms (e.g., trackers, detectors) and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) in MATLAB and Python
- Develop trade studies, system architectures, innovative algorithms, system requirements, and design specifications
- Decompose system level designs to provide design direction to software, firmware, hardware, and test engineers
- Reverse engineer radar/radar threat systems
- Design system parameters and hardware settings necessary for our radars and software-defined radios to meet their performance requirements
- Travel to customer sites and government test ranges to perform field testing of electronic systems
- Analyze and characterize radar performance
- Validate software models on military grade hardware using equipment such as real-time spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, high speed oscilloscopes and network analyzers
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Students with degrees in mathematics or physics will be considered depending on academic and intern experience
- Comfortable learning new skills and technologies
- Able to use creative and analytical skills for problem solving
- Interested in signal processing, electromagnetics, digital design, electronics, radars, communications, or RF design
- Capable of working on teams across multiple disciplines to achieve common goals
- Proficient with data analysis tools (e.g., MATLAB, Octave, MathCAD, Simulink) plus show interest in optimizing challenging problems via scripting tools (e.g., Python, Perl)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex problems to both technical and non-technical teammates alike
- 10 percent travel may be required
- Experience in the design and development of complex radar, communication, and/or electronic warfare systems, including system-of-systems
- Experience working on a diverse mix of program types, from early research and development through full product development efforts
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: