Electronic Assembler (Temp) 1st Shift
SRCTec, LLC is a manufacturing and life cycle management company specializing in the cost-effective production of high-quality, high-reliability, advanced military electro-mechanical products. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of SRC, Inc., which is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 65 years of experience in defense, environment, and intelligence. Together, SRC and SRCTec work with the customer for the best solution – not the bottom line – resulting in nationally significant, next-generation solutions that are supported throughout their full life cycle. For more information, visit www.srcinc.com/about/srctec.html.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a full-time 1st shift Assembler to support manufacturing operations at our location in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Complete the assembly of complex electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Perform limited soldering, wire preparation, and cable assembly tasks
- Perform set up and inventory operations on electromechanical systems
- Perform masking and de-masking operations on circuit card assemblies before and after conformal coating
- Prioritize and complete duties in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Engage in multiple ongoing tasks and adapt to changing job assignments quickly
- Maintain proper time charging and ensure the accuracy of your individual timecard
- Ensure assembly stations meet company standards to include cleanliness, expiration of chemicals, shop supplies, and the whereabouts and calibration of tooling
- Minimum of a high school diploma and 6 years related experience; associate degree in a technical specialty preferred. OR Training from a technical trade school or military trade school with 3+ years related experience. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Ability to follow electronic, written, or verbal instructions
- Must be able to interpret and work from blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings
- Meticulous nature, able to identify defective parts
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interface with employees of other disciplines to maintain effective work relationships with others
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Self-motivated and capable of working in both solo and diverse team environments
- General computer skills, to include internet browsers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient using a broad range of hand, battery-operated, and calibrated tooling
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- J-STD-001 Solder Certification is a plus
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition