Electronics Technician 2nd Shift (Temp)
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a temporary 2nd shift (3:30 pm – 12 am) RF/Electronics Technician to support SRCTec Manufacturing. Activities will include the test, troubleshoot, and repair of production systems, parts and equipment including radio frequency (analog and digital) signals, digital signal processing, power/voltage regulation. Testing and troubleshooting will be done at both the component level and the system level. The RF/Electronics Technician position assigned to 2nd shift is paid a shift differential of 10%.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
- Follow established unit test procedures and processes to accomplish daily manufacturing operations
- Troubleshoot RF and digital failures down to component level. This includes both the system to component level and the component to IC level
- Use automated test stations and manual bench configurations to accomplish tasks
- Work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and have ability to multi-task and change job tasks on short notice
- Work as a key contributing member of the manufacturing production team
- Perform tasks of moderate scope; may lead specific tasks within the scope of a larger project
- Plan technical support functions required to support engineering, research, manufacturing and development projects and activities; functions may include setup, maintenance, circuit testing, assembly, installation, troubleshooting and fabrication
- Write up detailed data summary for discrepancy documentation to show results of test processes during the repair/troubleshooting process
- Will have to manually setup up test equipment for the purposes of setup for the unit under test for troubleshooting
- May be working with part of a team or be independently
- Associate degree in electrical engineering technology or Military/technical school degree in a related field(s) and three or more years of experience in a related electronics environment
- High school diploma and 6 years of experience in a related electronics environment field(s) is also acceptable
- Candidate must possess hands on skills with multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum and network analyzers, and RF power meters
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and have small tool skills
- Must be able to interpret and work from electronic schematics, blueprints, and test specifications/instructions
- Must have solid computer skills to include the use of MS Office, Internet browsers and the use of Linux command line is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to demonstrate time management skills and to solve problems independently
- A background in Radio Frequency (RF) theory and/or operation is a plus
- IPC J-STD-001 Solder certification is a plus
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason, can request a reasonable accommodation.