Senior Electronic Warfare (EW) Engineer
SRC, Inc. is seeking a Senior EW Engineer to support a Department of the Navy customer in the Washington, DC. area. Our EW engineers produce electronic warfare integrated reprogramming database (EWIRDB) models that support many of our nation’s and allies’ most sophisticated military platforms. Join a growing team of EW experts in the Intelligence Community (IC) to support military weapon development and testing. Work directly with intelligence analysts and collaborate with Department of Defense (DoD) national research laboratories, test and evaluation organizations, and military EW reprogramming centers to solve the challenging issues of next-generation EW and intelligence mission data (IMD).
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Conduct original EW all-source intelligence research and engineering analysis to characterize system performance and capabilities
- Analyze ground, naval and aircraft radar, radar warning receivers, communications, electronic attack, identify friend or foe, navigation, electro-optical/infrared, weapon systems, and other onboard electronic systems
- Develop EW system models to support the national EWIRDB
- Analyze intelligence reports in support of mission data generation
- Support organizations charged with exploiting EWIRDB information in order to develop weapon systems and electronic countermeasures and to formulate tactics and operational deployment strategies
- Solve EW feedback reports from the operational user community
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related technical field and ten or more (10+) years of related experience are required, such as SIGINT/ Technical ELINT Analysis
- Ability to document/support technical analysis and assessments with strong attention to detail
- Ability to conduct and verify engineering analysis on weapon systems, platforms, electro-optic systems and communication systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to support analysis across several technical disciplines
Security Clearance Requirements
- An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required
- Understanding of antenna design/analysis, radar signal processing, and radar requirements analysis
- Familiarity with military/intelligence databases (EWIRDB, KILTING, EPL, CED, OEEM, EIM, AFMSS/CSDB) is highly desired
- MATLAB, Python and other software-based simulation experience
- Knowledge/experience with the intelligence community
- Military experience is a plus
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition