Sr. Digital Hardware Engineer
As a Senior Digital Hardware Engineer at SRC Inc., you will play a crucial role in the architecture, design, implementation, bring-up, and integration of high-end compute and signal processing circuit cards for cutting-edge radar and electronic warfare systems. You will work with the latest processors, FPGAs, memories, and converters and take ownership of digital circuit card designs, that meet mission specific Size, Weight, Power, Cost (SWAP-C) constraints, from concept through production. As a senior engineer, you will mentor colleagues and review the work of others. As a technical leader, you will be part of a diverse, cross-functional team of hardware, FPGA, systems, and software engineers creating innovative products that meet the demands of our clients and stay at the cutting-edge of technological advancements in digital design.
What You’ll Do
- Architect high-end compute, signal processing, analog-to-digital conversion, digital-to-analog conversion, and control for cutting-edge radar and electronic warfare systems
- Design and develop digital circuit cards with FPGAs (Xilinx, Intel, Microchip), novel processors, high-speed memory, data links, and high-bandwidth converters
- Design and schematic capture of custom digital circuit boards
- Perform board-level and system-level integration and test of new designs
- Support transition of boards and systems to production
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers, fostering their growth and development in digital hardware
- Review and provide feedback on circuit card designs by other digital hardware engineers
- Develop test and debug logic for FPGAs (VHDL, Verilog, Python, etc.)
- Keep up to date with the latest hardware development tools, technologies, and methods
- Generate quick turn prototypes to de-risk key functionality and to support customer demos
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with 10+ years of experience OR Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience
- Deep Understanding of real-time compute and signal processing hardware solutions
- Proficiency with schematic capture tools (g., Altium, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner)
- Proficiency with test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, temp chambers, shield rooms, ) and basic soldering skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with excellent communication skills
- Must be U.S. citizen
Ways to Stand Out
- Experience developing control and signal processing algorithms in FPGAs
- Experience interfacing with RF circuitry
- Experience with SPICE and Signal Integrity board level simulations
- Experience with VPX and SOSA circuit card standards
- Experience implementing low-level C/C++ for microcontrollers and embedded processors
Interested in a role that is more focused on FPGA and embedded software development instead? Check out https://jobs.jobvite.com/src-inc/job/oKkanfwl.
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $114,000 to $144,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: