Cloud Architect Engineer – Senior level, Subject Matter Expert (SME)
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a Cloud Architect – Senior level, Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Chantilly, VA. This position is part of the Engineering Support Team and is primarily focused on helping the customer take advantage of the agency provided cloud infrastructure. This position will play a key role in migrating critical mission capabilities into a hybrid and/or ‘public’ cloud system with the intent of reducing infrastructure costs, increasing resiliency, reducing vendor-lock and helping establish a modernized, flexible, portable enterprise, capable of quickly incorporating new capabilities across multiple mission areas and quickly taking advantage of emerging efforts. This position will lead trade studies and AoAs to tackle complex cloud integration challenges in the areas of security, adaptability for high-end computing and low latency requirements, etc.
This program provides SETA (Systems Engineering Technical Advisor) & SE&I (Systems Engineering & Integration) services to an IC customer with a focus on assured space communications and supporting IT infrastructure. This is primarily broken into four major divisions including systems engineering, acquisition, mission operations, and security support. Systems engineering support focuses on the end-to-end processes for managing programs, including Readiness, Configuration Management, integrated master schedule, systems analysis, future studies and innovations. Acquisition support is focused on helping government COTRs in all aspects of managing development contracts to deliver capabilities that meeting requirements. Mission operations roles include the support to integrating new capabilities into operations and leading anomalies response teams when issues arise. Security support is focus on ensuring IT systems comply with the agency's IT Security policy (ICD-503) with personnel certified to information assurance security standards.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with stakeholders to comprehend and solution problems and identify opportunities
- As a SETA engineer, work together with the government and a team of application developers, engineers, and designers to deliver innovative technology solutions using ‘public’ cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Responsible for collecting and defining systems and segment level technical requirements to support migration of mission functionality into the cloud environment
- Establish an approximate level-of-effort and staffing requirements for complex development projects
- Lead the team of government and SETA engineers, working with IT specialists to design effective, efficient, scalable, and secure applications within the organization’s Cloud software platform
- Ensure that solutions created by the development team stick to technical architecture standards
- Responsible for reviewing code and contributing to all technical discussions and architecture planning
- Baseline and maintain clear documentation and standards for cloud operations in the organization
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technology trends and promote an environment of learning
- Sustain performance and availability of production systems in the AWS (or other ‘public’ cloud infrastructure) to achieve optimal uptime
What You'll Bring
- Technical degree (BS, MS, or PhD) in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Relevant experience: 10+ years with BS OR 6+years with MS OR 3+ years with a PhD
- Clearance required: TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle processes, enterprise application software installation and maintenance, integrating with third-party applications through API interfaces and other means
- Experience in architecting multiple cloud systems to provide high-end processing solutions
- The ability to work well within a team of engineers
- Demonstrated success in working with government customers
- At least 5 years of experience with Commercial/Government systems integration into cloud environments
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Technical knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and DevOps; frontend such as Vue, React, Angular, AngularJS, and Meteor; backend such as Node, Express, Koa, Java; and Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, SQL Server; performance monitoring such as AWS Cloudwatch, Datadog, New Relic; and Cloud Infrastructure, including AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Jira; SSO, SAML, SFTP, PM2, load-balancing, auto-scaling, and automated testing
- Knowledge of fundamental networking, security, and systems engineering concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, and SSL
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: