SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a product engineer to join our team in Syracuse, N.Y. SRC supports several major radar and electronic warfare products produced and supported at our manufacturing subsidiary SRCTec. In addition, we are deploying several new, advanced products into production. As a product engineer, you will work closely with the development engineering and the production teams to ensure that we are delivering high-quality products on schedule and provide influence within engineering to make sure that our next generation of products are ready for a smooth transition to production and deployment to meet our customer’s critical needs.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Provide multidisciplinary engineering support to production programs
- Support the transition of new products from development to production
- Provide Design for Manufacturing and Sustainment input to the product development process
- Facilitate communication activities between design group and manufacturing group
- Interface with design disciplines to troubleshoot and resolve design and production problems
- Interface with program management to present cost, schedule, technical impact and options
- Provide engineering support to formally resolve problems according to internal and customer processes
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, computer or electrical engineering or a similar field with 0+ years of related experience. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Security clearance is required.
- Desire and proven proficiency to learn engineering disciplines outside primary field of study
- Familiarity with formal engineering and configuration management processes as the position requires coordination and execution of formal change management processes
- Familiarity with design, integration and test, and manufacturing is desired
- Familiarity with the design of radar and electronic warfare systems is beneficial, but not required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, as the position involves partnering, collaborating and interacting with others
- Must have strong organizational skills, as the position involves coordinating activities and communicating status to others
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition