Principal FPGA Engineer
As a Principal FPGA Engineer at SRC Inc., you will play a crucial role in the architecture, design, development, implementation, and optimization of FPGA and digital design solutions. You will create and integrate novel programmable logic architectures for digital signal processing, command and control, external hardware interfaces, high-speed communication protocols and more. As a Principal Engineer, you will collaborate and architect across product lines and work with diverse, cross-functional teams of hardware and software engineers to create innovative products that meet the demands of our clients and stay at the cutting-edge of technological advancements and digital design.
What You’ll Do
- Architect complex FPGA and embedded solutions, demonstrating mastery of VHDL and advanced design techniques
- Design and optimize high-performance digital circuits and systems using VHDL/Verilog while adhering to industry best practices and digital design methodologies
- Convert high-level signal processing algorithms into FPGA designs, optimizing for power, high-performance, or resources needs
- Analyze and understand complex system requirements and translate them into efficient and optimized embedded architectures and designs
- Utilize advanced tools and techniques for FPGA implementation to achieve optimal performance, power, and area trade-offs
- Collaborate with digital board designers to ensure successful integration of FPGA designs onto PCBs and hardware platforms
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in FPGA, SoC, RFSoC and other embedded technologies, identifying opportunities to integrate emerging tools and methodologies
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers, fostering their growth and development in FPGA design
- Mastery of FPGA design flow including RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, prototyping, timing analysis, and lab debug
- Use Python, TCL and other scripting languages to automate continuous development, continuous integration (CI/CD) workflows
- Collaborate with project managers and engineering leads to define project strategies, timelines, and resource allocation
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 12+ years of experience in FPGA design and development
- Mastery in VHDL/Verilog and familiarity with FPGA toolchains (Xilinx, Intel, etc.)
- Proficiency with using Vivado or Quartus; knowledge of recent Xilinx/Intel FPGA architectures
- Proficiency using RTL simulation tools
- Deep understanding of digital logic design, embedded systems, and FPGA architecture
- Experience with FPGA debugging, timing analysis, and optimization techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with excellent communication skills
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $135,000 to $170,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: