Configuration Management Specialist
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a configuration management (CM) specialist. The selected applicant will be part of SRC’s Quality organization reporting to the configuration management supervisor. The configuration management specialist implements established configuration management disciplines within single or multiple projects to ensure compliance to contract requirements and established procedures.
- Support engineering and program management through facilitation of initial releases and engineering change requests
- Schedule, conduct and document CM activities such as configuration control board and problem report review meetings
- Ensure conformance of delivered software and hardware configuration items (CIs) to statement of work, contract data requirements list, program CM plans, procedures and contractual requirements associated with the CM process
- Responsible for CM planning associated with the identification, release and control of SRC products including documents, SW/HW, customer deliverables, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and enforce CM plans, processes and procedures to ensure artifacts are identifiable and maintainable
- Conduct CM audits if assigned
- Associate degree with two or more (+2) years of experience in CM with specific professional development related to CM. CM certification and bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Practical knowledge of the following CM practices, processes and standards: EIA-649B, EIA-649-1, MIL-HDBK-61A, MIL-STD-973, ISO, CMII
- Working knowledge of CM/product life cycle management systems
- Well-organized with good communication skills
- Working or expert knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access and Visio
- Attention to detail and working well under pressure a must
- Able to multitask and interact with off-site customer functions
- Experience with electrical and mechanical engineering documents and a closed loop change control process is desirable