SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Work independently in the creation of complex mechanical drawings, parts, and assemblies
- Analyze mechanical designs to ensure they meet system-level design requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines to develop and test mechanical designs for both our prototyping and manufacturing businesses
What You Bring to the Team – Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with 6 or more years of related experience
- Understanding of configuration management (CM) and design control
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design, writing specifications, developing test procedures and close tolerance requirements
- Strong material selection and construction method skills
- Understand thermal and structural analysis principles
Ways to Stand Out – Preferred Requirements:
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-1472
- Experience with SolidWorks, both 3-D modeling and 2-D drawings
- Working knowledge of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Y14 and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $97,000 to $122,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: