Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
SRC, Inc. is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our growing team of elite professionals. As a Systems Administrator, you will be involved with a variety of special projects and technical challenges on critical business systems and will work both independently and as part of a skilled unit. A willingness and ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies is vital for success.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Perform troubleshooting and analyses of servers, workstations, and associated systems
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual desktops, and integrate automation processes
- Undertake daily routine preventive measures of Windows / Linux based systems and peripherals
- Integrate new hardware and software into existing infrastructure
- Plan and implement critical patches, Group Policy revisions, and data migrations
- Develop, administer, and maintain security controls and supporting documentation as required for risk management framework (RMF)
- Create and manage user accounts
- Document problems and resolutions for reference
- Function as part of the IT team supporting user needs, as required
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field and 4+ years related experience or Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration and 2+ years of related experience or equivalent combination or education and experience required
- DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification required (CompTIA Security +)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively as a member of a team
- History of utilizing various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Unix
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition