Information Systems Security Manager
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an information systems security manager (ISSM). As an ISSM, you will ensure that operational security is maintained for SRC's information systems (IS) in accordance with internal security policies and our system security plan.Responsibilities:
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and the system security plan
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to IS
- Report all security-related incidents
- Initiate protective or corrective measures when security incident or vulnerability is discovered
- Develop and maintain a system security plan (SSP)
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with SSP
- Ensure configuration management for security relevant IS software, hardware and firmware is maintained and documented
- Ensure system recovery processes are monitored to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Formally notify the appropriate individuals when changes occur that might affect accreditation
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
- Follow procedures for authorizing software, hardware and firmware use before implementation on the system
- Create/provide security education and awareness training to cleared employees
- Work collaboratively with the site Facility Security Officer (FSO) to provide support when needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 or more years related secure information system experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Hold U.S. government security clearances/access approvals commensurate with level of information processed by the system
- Administrative knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with LINUX variants such as CentOS is preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- DoD Directive 8140.01 IAT/IAM Level 2 Certification or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Working experience with RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53/53A, NISPOM Chapter 8, DAAPM Manual
- Experience with DCSA tools such as eMASS, STIGs and SCAP, HBSS/ACAS
Security Clearance Requirements:
A Top Secret Clearance is required, candidates with an active Secret security clearance will also be considered.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: