Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Project Lead
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking an experienced and energetic manufacturing professional to join its Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team as a working Engineering Project Lead. Individuals who are passionate about not only working on new product development teams, but also leading efforts to develop and launch products with high levels of producibility and optimized cost positions into production are best suited for this role.
- Lead and execute the design, qualification, and transition of the product manufacturing capability to the factory, meeting safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets as established by the enterprise.
- Serve as the primary contact within the enterprise for assigned projects as the key manufacturing representative on new product development and transition efforts.
- Be responsible for your own as well as the team’s manufacturing-related deliverables in a phase-gate development environment, beginning at product concept (Phase 1) and continuing through successful transition to manufacturing (Phase 5).
- Working with others assigned to the project, use project management skills and existing standard work tools to develop high-level manufacturing plans, including process development schedules, and ensure that potential risks are mitigated.
- Provide project status information to and coordinate any changes with key stakeholders for any project plans within your responsibility.
- Working with the SRC engineering development teams, advocate for high levels of manufacturability and testability in product designs while operating in a concurrent product and process development environment.
- Collaborate with enterprise SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and Value Engineering resources to ensure value opportunities are identified and included in new product designs.
- Lead the research and development of new and/or improved manufacturing processes as required to satisfy the assembly and test requirements for cutting-edge, SRC-designed products.
- Establish and continuously improve key metrics related to manufacturing development and transition efforts, as well as report and present results and trends to the SRC enterprise.
- Invest time in documenting best practices / standard work, capturing and disseminating knowledge, and participating in other initiatives that enhance the performance of the manufacturing enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with ten or more (10+) years of related manufacturing and engineering experience. At least 3 of those years should include some level of project management experience.
- Proficient at executing and leading manufacturing capability development projects involving printed circuit board assemblies, electro-mechanical subassemblies, and functional test equipment in a lean environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Lean-Six Sigma / DfX as it applies to improving the safety, quality, delivery, and cost capabilities in a high-mix, low volume manufacturing organization.
- History of challenging the status quo and demonstrated success working with all enterprise stakeholders to promote manufacturing requirements while collaborating on suitable trade-offs.
- Adept at leading a team of peers to solve challenging manufacturing capability development issues related to technology, schedule, and cost.
- Comfortable with a highly visible role where a premium is placed on timely and effective communication with all levels of the enterprise.
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.