Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for our San Antonio customer site. As an ISSO, you will ensure that operational security is maintained for Air Force information systems (IS) in accordance with all internal, external security policies and customer’s system security plan.
- As the ISSO, the Contractor shall assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and serve as the subject matter expert on Assessment and Accreditation and Continuous Risk Monitoring of the customer systems.
- The Contractor, in coordination with the ISSM, shall establish and maintain the required network security posture through Risk Mitigation and Risk Management. Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other IT section members, and Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Identify and define security requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Create, maintain, and document security baselines.
- Ensure configuration management for security-relevant IS software, hardware and firmware is maintained and documented
- Ensure system recovery processes are monitored to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
- Follow procedures for authorizing software, hardware and firmware use before implementation on the system
- Create/provide security education and awareness training to cleared employees
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5+) years related secure information system experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Hold U.S. government security clearances/access approvals commensurate with level of information processed by the system
- Administrative knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with LINUX variants such as CentOS
- Security +, ISP certification for ISSO responsibilities
- CISSP certification a plus
- Working experience with RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP 800-53/53A, STIGs, NISPOM Chapter 8, DAAPM Manual
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with strong customer service skills
- ACAS knowledge and experience a plus
An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required. Applicant may be required to submit to a polygraph.
Security Clearance Requirements