Production Control Planner
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a Production Control Planner. The selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of material movement through the manufacturing cycle. Production Control Planner will facilitate manufacturing order releases, timely pick of material, timely completion of manufacturing orders (MO) and delivery of end products to shipping. The primary focus will be MO on time delivery and Master Production Schedule (MPS) accuracy. They will work closely with the Manufacturing Managers to resolve resource constraints and will address material shortages by facilitating material replacement.
- Manage and direct all phases of manufacturing, including manufacturing order release, material release to manufacturing order, completion of final deliverables, and order fulfillment and shipment
- Manage / own the on-time production of deliverables for assigned production programs, from release to manufacturing through sell-off.
- Participate in evaluating and streamlining existing manufacturing operations to increase overall productivity
- Implement manufacturing and production best practices and be involved in the design and layout of manufacturing/production work cells
- Assessment of WIP materials and resources, personnel, and equipment; Work with Manufacturing Managers to maximize production up time
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing Management team to develop and maintain the master production schedule
- Support the material resource planning (MRP) process in conjunction with material control, schedule, and performance goals are met
- Support effort to ensure correct change management processes are maintained
- Support product manufacturing transition schedules for new products as they are released from engineering to production
- Assist in the development and execution of an achievable Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Ensure accurate and timely release of Manufacturing Orders (MO), including part numbers, quantities, and need / due dates.
- Working with other Manufacturing Managers to prioritize utilization of resources, personnel, and equipment to achieve MO need dates.
- Address and resolve challenges encountered in manufacturing execution engaging with Production Management and other functional areas as necessary including material handling, quality, and procurement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years' related experience
- Working knowledge of inventory management, bills of material, and MRP systems
- Must be able to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and excellent organizational skills