RF / Electronics Technician
SRCTec, LLC is a manufacturing and life cycle management company specializing in the cost-effective production of high-quality, high-reliability, advanced military electro-mechanical products. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of SRC, Inc., which is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 65 years of experience in defense, environment, and intelligence. Together, SRC and SRCTec work with the customer for the best solution – not the bottom line – resulting in nationally significant, next-generation solutions that are supported throughout their full life cycle. For more information, visit www.srcinc.com/about/srctec.html.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a 2nd shift (3:30 PM – 12 AM) RF / Electronics Technician to support manufacturing operations at our location in Syracuse, NY. Positions assigned to 2nd shift are paid a shift differential of 10%. Activities will include the test, troubleshoot, and repair of production electronic warfare and radar systems, sub-assemblies, and components. These include RF, digital processing, and power / voltage-based devices.
- Adhere to established test procedures and production processes to support daily manufacturing operations
- Set up and utilize automated and manual test equipment (digital multimeters, spectrum and network analyzers, signal generators, RF power meters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Perform tasks of moderate to difficult scope; diagnose and correct complex system problems
- Execute comprehensive validation tests of RF and electronics-based systems; test circuit card assemblies and troubleshoot down to the component-level as necessary
- Read and interpret electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, and mechanical drawings to aid in the test and troubleshooting process
- Identify and accurately document discrepancies during the test, troubleshoot, and repair processes
- Facilitate the manufacturing process as a key contributing member of the production team
- Associates degree in RF or electronics engineering or related field, or military / technical school degree in a related field, and six or more years of experience in a related RF or electronics environment; or high school diploma and ten years of experience in a related RF or electronics environment
- Demonstrated ability to set up and utilize commercial test equipment (digital multimeters, spectrum and network analyzers, signal generators, RF power meters, oscilloscopes) while adhering to industry best practices
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interpret and work from electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Strong aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving
- Computer comprehension skills, to include the Microsoft Office suite; Linux command line experience is a plus
- Capable of accomplishing assignments while managing time wisely
- Effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Function independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- IPC J-STD-001 Solder Certification is desired
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $67,000 to $78,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: