SRC Inc. is currently seeking a Mid-level User Experience (UX) Developer. The selected candidate will have a passion for user-centered problem solving, the drive to take on challenging, meaningful work and empathy to make products that actually work for users. This role will be part of a growing User Experience team (based out of our Syracuse, NY headquarters) supporting programs, products, and services throughout the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to join a recently formed UX group at a well-established organization. User experience is a strategic initiative at SRC, Inc., involving building a UX Center of Excellence team that will consist of many UX practitioners over the next three years. This group is responsible for increasing the usability of our products by designing end-to-end experiences utilizing Human-Centered Design (HCD) principles and practices. They are also charged with advocating the benefits of HCD by working with and training other SRC, Inc. employees distributed throughout regional sites in the U.S.
In this role as a UX Developer, you’ll report to the UX Dev Manager and need to collaborate closely with UX designers and bring a technical lens to solutions. In addition, you’ll be responsible for communicating and coordinating the implementation of solutions with other developers and engineers on the team.
You’ll work collaboratively alongside engineering disciplines (including systems, hardware, software, mechanical, and test), program and product management teams, and other leading stakeholders to build solutions that genuinely improve our users’ day-to-day lives while providing business value to the SRC organization (https://www.srcinc.com/capabilities/research-and-development/user-experience.html). Because of the diverse nature of our work, we can accommodate team members with varying industry and technical backgrounds.
- Lead and co-lead research efforts while collaborating closely with the product, program and engineering teams to define user needs, user requirements, and workflows
- Facilitate cross-functional design workshops and other collaborative sessions
- Support design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of mission-critical user interfaces in support of national defense systems
- Lead the translation of wireframes and high-fidelity design mockups into tangible software solutions
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to solve customer and user problems together
- Participate in laboratory and field integration testing to validate software
- Communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams
- Present technical and project status briefings to the internal team and customer
- Stay up to date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Lead software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Collaborate with UX Dev Manager to support task planning, prioritization, and schedule development
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related field with no less than three (3) years of experience developing user interfaces
- Experience working with UX teams and an understanding of UX processes and methodologies
- Experience communicating proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams—balancing business, user, and technical needs
- Have participated in user research, or have used those findings to make product design decisions
- Demonstrated understanding of common software development lifecycles
- Ability to work in a complex, data rich domain
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
Learn more about SRC:
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.