Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior User Experience designer to join a UX team that performs user research, experience mapping, modeling, interaction frameworks, detailed design, and usability testing. Human-Centered Design (HCD) is a strategic initiative at SRC, Inc. to enable the delivery of highly usable end-to-end solutions across complex domains and missions.
In this position, you’ll work closely with product teams; consisting of product management, engineering and life-cycle management, building solutions that genuinely improve our users’ day-to-day lives. This includes being a UX champion, advocating (and training) the benefits of HCD by collaborating closely with employees distributed throughout regional sites in the U.S.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll have the depth of expertise to confidently lead product, program, engineering and life-cycle management teams through HCD strategies and processes, meeting the goals of our users, while balancing the needs of business and engineering. Because of the diverse nature of our work, we can accommodate team members with varying industry and technical backgrounds.
- Lead stakeholders through defining the HCD strategies, processes, and approach for tackling design challenges within the broader product vision.
- Develop problem-framing approaches and lead design efforts with curiosity and empathy—executing with craft and clear rationale.
- Lead and co-lead research efforts while collaborating closely with the product, program and engineering teams to define user needs, user requirements, and workflows.
- Facilitate cross-functional design workshops and other collaborative sessions.
- Confidently and persuasively communicate design solutions within product teams as well as business, leadership and customer stakeholders to gain consensus and establish a shared vision.
- Plan and lead the validation of proposed design solutions and prototypes with users and stakeholders.
- Work with engineering to document and communicate proposed design solutions to all product team members.
- Lead UX design reviews with the product team and stakeholders.
- Maintain broad awareness of the evolving Human-Centered Design and Design Thinking methods to help drive and foster growth and adoption of these methods within the UX CoE and organization at large.
- Actively participate in the authoring of Human-Centered Design procedures, work instructions, and training materials.
- Grow trusted relationships and networks with SRC leaders, managers and customers to promote the value of UX within SRC.
- Contribute to business pursuits and proposals through user-focused strategies and estimating UX work scope.
- Drive internal initiatives and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements.
- Advise and mentor the growth of UX practitioners within the team.
- Some travel required (10%) to provide support for field tests, usability research and usability evaluations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or emphasis) in UX, human-computer interaction, psychology, industrial design, or UX related field. UX certifications or other relevant UX growth experience will also be considered.
- Experience: 7 + years experience within the UX industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A diverse and extensive range of experience in conducting user research (both qualitative and quantitative) throughout your career.
- Experience as a change agent, influencing and promoting the value of UX/HCD across organizations and business units.
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating and leading in distributed (and remote) teams.
- Experience working with a multitude of engineering disciplines, including systems, software, hardware and test.
- High efficiency in working with the Adobe Suite of Products, or other similar design industry programs.
- Experience utilizing, creating or managing a Design System.
- Portfolio demonstrating experience and body of work in UX tied to key business value or metrics—especially in the area of complex or highly regulated product domains.
- Ideally, experience working with Military Design Standards, for example MIL-STD-1472.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition