SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced toxicologist for a non-laboratory position based out of our Syracuse, NY Arlington, VA, or Portland, ME office (remote telework options available). This scientist will prepare hazard characterizations and toxicological profiles/reviews as a senior member of the Environmental Health Analysis business area. This position will support various programs for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Centers for Disease Control and related agencies. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and successful organization, continuing to build on SRC’s reputation as an important contributor in our nation’s efforts to respond to emergencies and to protect our people and environment. SRC has been named on the 2022 lists of Best Places to Work in New York and is committed to providing a positive, supportive, and healthy work environment.
- Prepare chemical hazard characterizations and toxicological profiles/reviews as a principal author.
- Review and interpret epidemiology, toxicology and mechanistic studies and integrate the available evidence from multiple data streams
- Critically evaluate the reliability of scientific data
- Conduct quantitative dose response assessments for chemicals of interest using Benchmark Dose (BMD) and physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling approaches.
- Review reports and analyses performed by others.
- Interact closely with other SRC scientists and SRC's clients
- M.S. or Ph.D. in toxicology or related discipline (DABT certification preferred)
- 5+ years of toxicologically related work experience
- Strong technical writing and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, through both written and verbal communication, and work closely with others as part of a project team
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: regulatory toxicology, mixtures risk assessment, epidemiology, pharmacokinetics/PBPK modeling, adverse outcome pathways (AOPs), systematic review or new approach methods (NAMs).
- Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and at least one writing sample. These files shall be uploaded to SRC’s website https://www.srcinc.com/careers/ during the application process.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must be a U.S. Citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition