Senior Software Engineer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer. The selected candidate will act as a subject matter expert and provide technical leadership to a team of software developers.
- Primarily C++ focused in Unix/Linux environment; with a working knowledge of model-based systems engineering, including model development in Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) within a UML/SysML modeling tool, such as MagicDraw;
- Provide software development support in an Agile environment; real-time tactical coding experience required. Positions primarily contractor site with multiple days/week lab access required.
- Provide software development support in an Agile environment. Perform software coding and unit testing of Softkill Coordination Subsystem (SKCS) software configuration items. Code in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Provide Safety oversight and subject matter expertise to SKCS requirements, changes, source code and testing, in compliance with SKCS safety plans. Maintain SKCS safety documentation and support SKCS Government Safety Lead in preparation for SKCS safety reviews.
- Provide daily status highlights; participate in SKCS Agile ceremonies to include daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, and ad-hoc meetings as required, address action items as assigned; provide status and recommendations on issues under scope of work.
- Work within SKCS Government led development team to support all the above to complete periodic, incremental SKCS software builds including updates to requirements, design, code, test and formal reviews.
- Maintenance of SKCS Software Development Plan (SDP).
- Software design and design maintenance, including design for new requirements and requirements changes and maintaining design traceability and design documentation. Design and maintain code using MagicDraw.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in software engineering or computer science.
- Ten (10) years of experience in software design, development and engineering applied to program and system level development.
- Three (3) years of experience with Navy or other Armed Services programs and/or systems.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in developing real-time system and subsystem level software products, databases (Oracle, MSAccess, etc), knowledge or experience with operating systems (LINUX and MS Windows) and interfaces.
- Experience with Agile methodology: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors.