Systems Engineer – Mid level, Subject Matter Expert (SME)
SRC, Inc is currently seeking a Systems Engineer – Mid level, subject matter expert (SME)
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
The opportunity is for a position supporting a government customer in Chantilly, VA whose mission is to provide assured communications for other government users. Systems technology is primary focused on RF space communications and digital signal processing capabilities. This systems engineering position is responsible for assisting the government in the acquisition of new capabilities and upgrades. This involves regular communications with users to understand new requirements, working with development contractors to understand requirements and develop plans to deliver new capabilities, working with Operations to coordinate testing and the final delivery of new capabilities to fulfill user requirements. Individuals will become familiar with various systems architectures and eventually act as subject matter experts in advising the government clients on acquisition related decisions. Duties will include witnessing equipment installations, test and occasional travel to various CONUS and possibly OCONUS locations around the world. Requirements documentation is another key responsibility to ensure the baseline is maintained. The position may also assist the government in contract related work including the development of Statements of Work, proposal review and development contractor performance assessments. This position will also focus on understanding the detailed network architectures that make up the systems and work with developers and operations to troubleshoot network issues.
This position is in Chantilly, VA.
This program provides SETA (Systems Engineering Technical Advisor) & SE&I (Systems Engineering & Integration) services to an IC customer with a focus on assured space communications and supporting IT infrastructure. This is primarily broken into four major divisions including systems engineering, acquisition, mission operations, and security support. Systems engineering support focuses on the end-to-end processes for managing programs, including Readiness, Configuration Management, integrated master schedule, systems analysis, future studies and innovations. Acquisition support is focused on helping government COTRs in all aspects of managing development contracts to deliver capabilities that meeting requirements. Mission operations roles include the support to integrating new capabilities into operations and leading anomalies response teams when issues arise. Security support is focus on ensuring IT systems comply with the agency's IT Security policy (ICD-503) with personnel certified to information assurance security standards.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower-level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together, so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower-level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Technical degree (BS, MS, or PhD) in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Relevant experience: 10+ years with BS OR 6+years with MS OR 3+ years with a PhD
- Clearance required: TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle processes, enterprise application software installation and maintenance, integrating with third-party applications through API interfaces and other means
- Experience in architecting multiple cloud systems to provide high-end processing solutions.
- The ability to work well within a team of engineers
- Demonstrated success in working with government customers.
- At least 5 years of experience with Commercial/Government systems integration into cloud environments
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Technical knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and DevOps; frontend such as Vue, React, Angular, AngularJS, and Meteor; backend such as Node, Express, Koa, Java; and Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, SQL Server; performance monitoring such as AWS Cloudwatch, Datadog, New Relic; and Cloud Infrastructure, including AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Jira; SSO, SAML, SFTP, PM2, load-balancing, auto-scaling, and automated testing
- Knowledge of fundamental networking, security, and systems engineering concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, and SSL
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition