Lead Machine Learning Engineer
SRC, Inc. is seeking a lead engineer to work in the machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) domains for our Syracuse, NY corporate headquarters. The rapid advancement of deep learning continues to enable new and innovative applications, solutions, and capabilities for our products, including ground and airborne radar systems, electronic warfare (EW) systems, optical sensors, and more. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to design, develop, and field solutions using deep learning and other machine learning models on state-of-the-art hardware to solve a variety of challenges of national significance.
What You'll Do
- Applying machine learning models, tools, and techniques to imagery, video, signals, and other data products
- Leading teams in the development of machine learning solutions for our customers
- Performing data collections and running simulations to create, curate, and label machine learning data sets
- Developing and delivering visualizations, demonstrations, and presentations for customers
- Travel to technical conferences and various test sites in the United States
- Remain current on state-of-the-art ML techniques and technologies
- Purse new business opportunities by contributing on formal proposals, BAA’s, RFI’s etc…
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, math, or physics with 6+ years of experience; a master’s degree preferred. Other degrees may be considered if the candidate possesses a strong machine learning background
- Coursework in computer vision, machine learning, or neural networks
- Experience with digital signal processing algorithms, techniques, and related technologies.
- Technical proficiency in MATLAB, Python, and common deep learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Ways To Stand Out – Preferred Requirements:
- Experience applying ML/AI to Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Intelligence Community (IC) problem domains, including radar, optical or infrared imagery, and electronic warfare systems.
- Experience designing and developing ML/AI solutions for deployment on embedded platforms
- Familiar with signal processing algorithms, techniques, and related technologies
- Technical proficiency in C++ for edge deployment
- Active TS/SCI clearance
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $97,000 to $122,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: