Sr. RF Engineer
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRC is looking for an experienced RF engineer to be an integral part of our hardware design team, developing state of the art prototype and production systems for defense and intelligence applications.
- Lead and support the design, development, assembly, test, and integration of advanced radar and communication systems
- Work within a cross functional team environment to include software radar systems, digital, RF, mechanical, and communications systems engineers
- Perform requirements analysis; architecture trades; specification development; simulation and modeling; schematic capture; and hardware assembly, integration and testing
- Perform component selection, design and characterization of transmitters, receivers, exciters, antennas, and RF feed networks on the bench and in an anechoic chamber
- Provide technical guidance to program staff, junior engineers, and technicians
- Provide leadership support and assist with technology roadmaps and IRAD proposals
- Support business development with technical and cost proposals
- Assist with professional and technical growth of the engineering staff
- Prepare technical white papers, proposals, and customer presentations, and deliver presentations to senior management and our customer community
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Enthusiasm for working with and building RF/microwave hardware in a dynamic team environment
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Naturally inquisitive nature for how things work
- Hands on experience with tools, test equipment, and circuit prototyping and evaluation
- A detailed working knowledge of electromagnetics, antennas and microwave design
- Experience characterizing antenna RF radiation patterns in an anechoic chamber lab environment
- Experience with engineering design software is a plus (Sonnet, HFSS, ADS)
- Experience coordinating engineering program management (EPM) activities is a plus
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $114,000-$144,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: