Senior Systems Engineer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking Senior Systems Engineers to support full-lifecycle execution of programs and internal investment work with our electronic warfare (EW) Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) business area. In the diverse nature of our work, we have team members with varying backgrounds and technical expertise, and welcome collaboration. Your responsibilities will include supporting the development of advanced EW software applications in both factory and field environments.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Develop trade studies, system architectures, innovative algorithms, system requirements, and design specifications
- Decompose system level designs to provide design direction to software, firmware, hardware, and test engineers
- Collaborate with customers in Department of Defense as well as industry to define system capabilities and functionality for radar, electronic warfare/communication, and other sensor systems
- Interact with stakeholders both internal and external to the organization to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform system simulations, modeling, and data analysis (via MATLAB and/or Python)
- Support integration of new designs, including field demonstration at customer events
- Participate in business development activities, such as development of marketing briefings, white papers, and proposals, including cost estimates
- Provide leadership to a cross functional technical team, working closely with the program manager
- Provide tasking direction and coaching/mentoring to junior and mid-level members of the systems engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or a relevant degree, master’s degree is preferred
- At least ten (10+) years of experience in systems engineering, data analysis or digital signal processing
- Strong technical written and oral communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in the design and development of complex radar, communication, and/or electronic warfare systems, including system-of-systems
- Experience working on a diverse mix of program types, from early research and development through full product development efforts
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and/or digital twin concepts
- Experience working in the defense industry
- Experience working with a geographically diverse engineering team
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $125,000 to $133,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: