Software Engineer 3 - On Site
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a Software Engineer for an exciting opportunity in our Electronic Warfare & Services Division. The selected candidate will work hand-in-hand with our government customer to advance a critical set of data analysis tools using cutting edge technology.
- Work as part of a cross functional Agile software development team
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Build new products and services from the ground up
- Think abstractly and solve ambiguous/undefined problems
- Help guide and mentor less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Six or more (6+) years of experience in software development
- TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think independently, and overcome technical challenges
- Experience with some of:
- Understanding of cloud native and micro-service architectures
- Familiarity with software unit testing
- Ability and desire to work on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work On-site at Wright Patterson AFB
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022. This requirement applies to all SRC, Inc. and SRCTec, LLC employees and its subcontractors. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason, can request a reasonable accommodation.