Assembler 1st Shift- Temporary
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a Temporary Assembler- 1st Shift to support Depot operations at our location in Syracuse, NY.
What You'll Do
- Complete the assembly of complex electronic and mechanical assemblies
- Perform limited soldering, wire preparation, and cable assembly tasks
- Perform set up and inventory operations on electromechanical systems
- Perform masking and de-masking operations on circuit card assemblies before and after conformal coating
- Assist in warehouse operations (handling of customer material, incoming inspection and prep)
- Complete necessary paperwork to support customer requirements (COLTS, PIEE and UID)
- Engage in multiple ongoing tasks and adapt to changing job assignments quickly
- Maintain proper time charging and ensure the accuracy of your individual timecard
- Ensure assembly stations meet company standards to include cleanliness, expiration of chemicals, shop supplies, and the whereabouts and calibration of tooling
What You'll Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years related experience OR training from a technical or military trade school with 0+ years related experience OR any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 1 year experience in Material Handling is a plus
- Ability to follow electronic, written, or verbal instructions
- Must be able to interpret and work from blueprints, schematics, and engineering drawings
- Meticulous nature, able to identify defective parts
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interface with employees of other disciplines to maintain effective work relationships with others
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Self-motivated and capable of working in both solo and diverse team environments
- General computer skills, to include internet browsers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient using a broad range of hand, battery-operated, and calibrated tooling
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
- J-STD-001 Solder Certification is desired
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $20 to $23/hour. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: