International Shipping Specialist
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking an International Shipping Specialist to assist with the day-to-day import and export shipments for SRC, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Documentation preparation for international and domestic shipments as required. To include but not limited to BOL’s, commercial invoices, shipper’s letter of instruction, Carnet applications, Electronic Export Information filings, packing slips and other items as required based on individual shipment needs.
- Process all paperwork accurately, efficiently and carry out all shipping transactions in a timely manner to meet customer deadlines.
- Creation and compliance of certificate of origin/manufacturer’s affidavit documents.
- Coordinate shipments with the company’s approved freight forwarders and carriers.
- Review and evaluate import documentation from overseas customers and agents.
- Work with internal customers to provide freight quotes and international support.
- Tracking, tracing and provide customer service for international shipments.
- Prepare small box and freight shipments for export and domestic when required.
- Research import document requirements for other countries outside of the US as required.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 0-1 years related experience or any equivalent combination of education/training.
- High attention to detail. Ability to produce high quality work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of Export Compliance Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to understand and interpret INCOTERMS 2020.
- Experience with the ACE portal and EEI filings.
- Ability to prioritize and reorganize workload accordingly to meet deadlines and last-minute shipments.
- Ability to work odd hours to help facilitate international shipments that may require additional support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more with or without reasonable accommodations.
Additional Experience (Preferred)
- Experience with international trade shows, Temporary Import bonds and Carnets.
- Experience with Letters of Credit.
- Ability to classify commodities using the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Schedule B numbers.
- Experience with FedEx/UPS shipping software
- Deltek Cost Point
- Familiarity with DOT, IATA, IMDG shipping regulations.
- Certified Customs Broker, Certified Customs Specialist or Certified Export Specialist.
- Knowledge of Military standards for packaging, preservation and marking as well as standard practice for commercial packaging.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition