Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - Entry Level
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an entry level information system security officer (ISSO). This information system security role based is in Springfield, VA.
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
- Provide advice and assistance to the government regarding secure configuration and operation of the customer’s ITS assets
- Apply knowledge and experience with standard information system security concepts, practices, and procedures
- TS/SCI with CI polygraph security clearance
- Education: High school diploma and 4+ years of related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 0+ years related experience; any equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with ICD 503, NIST 800 series and the Government’s certification and accreditation process
- Familiarity with conducting research and analysis
- Familiarity with network and information system security principles and best practices
- Familiarity with controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying classification levels
- Ability to engender rapport with the military, civilians, and other contractors at all levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Familiarity with applicable NRO, IC, DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Management (IT/IA/IM)
- Security+ Certification
- DoD Directive 8140.01 IAT/IAM Level 2 Certification
- Thorough understanding and application of network security principles, practices, and implementations
- Working knowledge of cross-functional integration of information systems into a physical security environment
- Understanding of system methodologies including but not limited to client server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, LAN, switches, and routers
- Familiarity with detecting and preventing computer security compromises in a networked environment
- Working knowledge of configuration management; system maintenance; and integration testing
- Proficient in the use of tools used to prevent and/or negate malicious code
- Understanding of COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all removable and fixed media types including but not limited to: (CDs, hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.)
- Ability to decipher and explain in clear language Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- Ability to support forensics and evidentiary preservation
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition