Electronic Warfare (EW) Engineer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking EW engineers in the Suitland, MD area. Do you have a curious and analytical mindset? Are you able to complete a complex puzzle, fill in the gaps of missing pieces and still see the bigger picture? If so, then a job with SRC, Inc. as an electronic warfare (EW) engineer might be the perfect job for you.
Our EW engineers produce electronic warfare integrated reprogramming database (EWIRDB) models that support many of our nation’s and allies’ most sophisticated military platforms. Join a growing team of EW experts in the Intelligence Community (IC) to support military weapon development and testing. Serve as a member of a diverse team that performs in-depth engineering analysis and modeling of EW systems and signals. Apply analytic and systematic approaches to characterize the performance of electronic systems, such as ground, naval, and airborne radar systems, electronic attack (EA) systems, radar warning receivers (RWR) and missile systems. Support the programming of current and next-generation electronic detection and jamming systems, test the performance of these systems with realistic live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) recreations of tactical environments, and train warfighters on the tactics, techniques, and procedures for counteracting real-world threats on the battlefield. Work directly with intelligence analysts and collaborate with Department of Defense (DoD) national research laboratories, test and evaluation organizations, and military EW reprogramming centers to solve the challenging issues of next-generation EW and intelligence mission data (IMD).
- Conduct original EW all-source intelligence research and engineering analysis to characterize system performance and capabilities
- Analysis of ground, naval and aircraft radar, radar warning receivers, communications, electronic attack, identify friend or foe, navigation, electro-optical/infrared, weapon systems, and other onboard electronic systems
- Develop EW system models to support the national EWIRDB
- Analyze intelligence reports in support of mission data generation
- Perform quality control review of EW intelligence assessments and engineering judgments
- Directly support organizations charged with exploiting EWIRDB information in order to develop weapon systems and electronic countermeasures and to formulate tactics and operational deployment strategies
- Solve EW feedback reports from the operational user community
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related technical field and ten or more years of related experience are required; or a master's degree with three years of related experience is acceptable
- Ability to document/support technical analysis and assessments with strong attention to detail
- Ability to conduct and verify engineering analysis on weapon systems, platforms, electro-optic systems and communication systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to support analysis across several technical disciplines
- Understanding of antenna design/analysis, radar signal processing, and radar requirements analysis
- Familiarity with military/intelligence databases (EWIRDB, KILTING, EPL, CED, OEEM, EIM, AFMSS/CSDB) is highly desired
- MATLAB, Python and other software-based simulation experience
- Knowledge/experience with the intelligence community
- Military experience is a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
President Biden’s Executive Order 14042, requires Federal contractors and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. This requirement applies to all SRC employees and its subcontractors.