Sagemont School is a private, K-12, college-preparatory school, located in Weston Florida. The richly diverse school community, representing 28 countries, contributes to programming that supports the school’s global perspective. Sagemont’s course offerings include a broad array of honors-level and Advanced Placement courses, including the AP Capstone. Sagemont faculty are collaborative and innovative in their approach to teaching and committed to creating an inclusive and supportive culture in their classrooms and throughout the school.
Sagemont seeks a Chemistry teacher who could begin work immediately. Candidates must be prepared to teach students in two courses this year – Chemistry and Honors Chemistry (Grades 10-12). Additionally, Sagemont would like to be able to offer Advanced Placement Chemistry, so preference will be given to candidates who have taught that level – or aspire to do so.
Consistent with Sagemont standards for all teachers, expectations for our Chemistry teacher include the following:
- Create developmentally appropriate curriculum and programming aligned with relevant standards (for example NSTA Next Generation, Advanced Placement, etc.)
- Plan and implement inspiring lessons and differentiated instruction for in-person and online* students.
- Build and foster a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another
- Maintain open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement
- Participate fully in the life of the school, including department activities, upper school faculty meetings, and by performing various faculty supervisory duties.
* For the school year 2020-21 Sagemont has instituted “live-streaming” to accommodate students who are participating in school from their homes.
Sagemont is seeking an experienced Chemistry teacher who could begin immediately or as soon as practicable. Candidates should:
- Have classroom teaching experience (Grades 9-12 preferred)
- Be able and willing to teach in-person with the possibility of teaching remotely (if current conditions change)
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or in the physical/biological science program that included significant Chemistry coursework.