The Staff Accountant is a critical member of the Accounting team and reports directly to the Accounting Senior Manager with opportunities to work directly with the Corporate Controller. The Staff Accountant provides support in his/her assigned area to achieve goals in the support of the production of the financial requirements of the Company. This role effectively performs assigned responsibilities while adhering to all company policies and proper accounting practices. This is a hybrid position based out of the Westchester PA office.
- Assist with the monthly and annual financial close process and activities through compliance with US GAAP and internal control guidelines
- Prepare daily and month-end journal entries within ERP (NetSuite)
- Prepare bank reconciliations utilizing software (Blackline and/or Trintech)
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis process in areas of assigned responsibility including but not limited to daily cash application, expense accruals, payroll, etc.
- Support field operations staff and families by responding to questions and proactively providing feedback and solutions on billings and payment issues
- Assist with analyzing account fluctuations and variances in internal reporting
- Assist in the year-end audit in areas of responsibility, or as assigned
- Collaborate with various departments within the Accounting and Finance Team and across the organization
- Prepare ad hoc reporting to support various departments and levels across the organization
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Support the continuous improvement of systems, procedures, and processes implemented by the Accounting team and the organization including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with process documentation and best practices
- Blackline task management and account reconciliation process
- Month-end fluctuation and reporting package analysis
- Contribution to supporting the internal control environment by demonstrating ownership of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting processes related to assigned accounts and taking ownership of responsibilities, identifying and correcting process breakdowns and recommending improvements
- Display strong organization and project management skills with a propensity to embrace and support change
- Exude strong verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills at all times and within all levels of the organization including, but not limited to, the following:
- Showing a positive, “can do” attitude in team meetings
- Keeping your Outlook calendar updated with all meetings, personal obligations, etc.
- Use of Google chat to allow team members to interact timely and effectively
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in and to problem solve independently and/or with other members of the organization (ie. be a team player)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting, minimum of one to two years general ledger or public accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Self-directed demonstrating high levels of ethics and integrity; uses time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of general ledger and feeder systems with a proficiency of utilizing reporting tools to compile, analyze and interpret data
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of settings
- Emphasizes a strong customer focus to support interaction with multi-site operating environment
- Must be proficient in technology including Excel. Experience with Blackline and/or Trintech or similar software a bonus