Middle School History Teacher
Merryhill School is hiring for a middle school history teacher for our campus in Milpitas, CA
Our school builds the solid academic foundation students need for future success. Classes are led by dedicated, caring teachers who value open communication with parents. We provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community. Our students are academically successful and capable of transferring their knowledge and skills to new challenges. Our teachers are proud to be part of our educational team because they are supported by an innovative curriculum and receive ongoing professional development from our education department. If you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals, join ours!
We are currently looking for a caring and energetic middle school teacher to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
- Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, and use data to create, monitor and implement a personalized learning plan for each student.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Integrate a high level of technology into instruction.
- Execute effective classroom management.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote rigorous learning opportunities, the general well-being of the school, and collective / individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Actively participate in professional development, practice self-assessment, reflective practice and strive for continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent required.
- Teacher credential as specified under state regulations preferred.
- Advanced degree in education or subject specific area preferred.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the education arena of the 21st Century.