Business Development Manager
We're seeking a proven business development leader, with experience in the education world or similar, to be part of our team to drive maximum value within our customer base of global partners. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of partners and will focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, or arranging for the solicitation of prospective partners, sponsors, or influencers.
The business development team is responsible for driving LSS market share by successfully winning new partners (new clients and flips from competitors) and supporting the renewal of existing LSS partners.
This role will be primarily focused on securing education-related partnerships through marketing material toolkits and pitch presentations; however, a successful candidate will be able to flex to support sports and entertainment partnerships needs occasionally.
The Business Development Manager sits within the Partnerships team, representing the organization while presenting the LSS offerings to our potential partners. The role is tasked with driving both B2B and B2C revenue and actively identifying qualified prospects through an ongoing pipeline of potential partners.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, or arrange for the solicitation of prospective partners, sponsors, influencers, and donors.
- Scale the strategic revenue generation plan to achieve an ambitious financial target for Laurel Springs School.
- Sell LSS’ student offerings to both B2B and B2C customers while maintaining strong relationships with current partners to drive ongoing renewals.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to win new business.
- Create persuasive presentation documents that showcase LSS’ capabilities and align educational offerings with partner needs in a customized and relevant manner.
- Lead deal efforts in education: draft sales pitch documents and deliver materials through in-person/video pitches.
- Develop and negotiate compelling partner agreements, negotiating in line with LSS’ strategic priorities and revenue targets.
- Collaborate with appropriate LSS internal partners in Finance, Legal, Education, Marketing, etc. to execute deals and ensure cross-functional alignment and maximum support.
- Cultivate external relationships with prospects, consultants and BD teams to inform the sales pipeline and process.
- Work within the current CRM system to manage partner leads and identify growth opportunities.
- Maintain management reporting for education partners (retentions and new deals) and provide continual and timely updates and education to the broader team.
- Strong track record of driving tangible business results
- Sound business judgment with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent project management skills, with strong problem solving, analytical, quantitative communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both drafting and presenting
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate, pursue and close a sale
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Sharp business acumen
- Possess excellent relationship management skills