Elementary Floater Teacher
The person selected for this position will be responsible for supporting as needed in the classroom with students ranging from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The floater will report directly to the assigned campus each day and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. If the floater is not needed to cover a specific class for the day, he or she will assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the principal as needed. Per business needs, travel might be required to support other nearby campuses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Substitute as needed.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom. Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a Floater teacher shall have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.