Copywriter, Marketing & Communications
Our people are the heart of Laurel Springs School culture. We take pride in creating amazing, innovative experiences that help our K-12 students transform their lives through learning. This position is responsible for helping mold the future of Laurel Springs School as an online, private high school that delivers learning experiences in new and innovative ways. One of the primary responsibilities is helping to build and support next-generation digital experiences for our students and parents.
The Marketing and Communications Copywriter will collaborate with various staff members to write, edit, and prepare for production a variety of communications, directed toward both external and internal audiences. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of the difference between writing for advertising, websites, brochures, and sell sheets while maintaining brand standards and brand voice.
- Develop content and communications for advertising and campaign-specific marketing initiatives based on seasonality and admission cycles
- Develop Marketing collateral, retention communications, email messaging for multiple segments, online digital assets, and subject matter expert white papers
- Create copy for multiple channels including websites, social media channels, landing pages, advertising, print, etc.
- Create engaging copy that is consistent with the brand message and editorial standards
- Generate scripts used for Laurel Springs video assets
- Proofread and edit content before submitting final drafts, checking for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar
- Responsible for taking projects from original conception through completion, acting as the single point of contact for those projects, participating in brainstorming sessions, and crafting compelling messages to convey a concept and support a design
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to ensure the goals of the deliverable are met
- Develop ideas into program executions, offering innovative concepts or approaches utilizing multiple touchpoints in LSS Marketing channels for engagement
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how to maximize LSS website indexing and ranking.
- Utilize SEO Tools (SEM Rush, aHREFS, etc.) to identify and measure new opportunities to optimize existing content or create new content for better organic traffic
- Maintain a high awareness of communication trends, new and emerging technologies and platforms, trends in private school and online education industry
- Continually evolve LSS best practices and writing processes to achieve a high level of efficiency and performance
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Mass Communications Creative Writing, or Advertising
- 3+ years of experience with copywriting and content creation in advertising, digital marketing, journalism, or publishing strong written communication and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by a creative work portfolio showcasing a powerful command of the English language, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple projects with accuracy while priorities shift from one to another with sometimes competing deadlines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Work collaboratively and share ideas effectively across teams
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a point of view that helps shape the strategic direction of content development
- Be proactive in generating ideas and anticipating the needs of the department and company
- Ability to travel 10-20%