Dean of Student Engagement
The Dean of Student Engagement is responsible for the development and enhancement of, and communication connected to Laurel Springs’ Social Community. Supervising a team, the Dean of Student Engagement ensures meaningful and engaging, student-centered extracurricular and experiential learning opportunities are delivered across grades K-12 . The Dean of Student Engagement is a thought leader within the School who helps to identify strategic initiatives and develop plans of implementation. This dynamic, forward-thinking leader collaborates with departments across the school and reports directly to the Assistant Head of School.
- Serve as a leader with a management style and philosophy that is consistent with the mission and vision of the School.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies consistent with the school philosophy and with Laurel Springs School initiatives.
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs and educational environment of online students.
- Work collaboratively across departments and with school leaders to project manage initiatives.
- Stay informed on innovative practices and programs relevant to the Social Community that foster and promote student and parent engagement with the school and each other.
- Oversee all projects and initiatives in the Social Community, ensuring that they are student-centered, engaging, and connected to the mission and vision of the school.
- Develop travel programs that focus on experiential learning, cultural immersion, and/or authentic connections.
- Represent the school on trips and at events (in-person and virtual), in meetings, and at conferences.
- Participate in virtual open houses, onboardings, and other opportunities supporting the school.
- Create and manage social community communications.
- Manage and supervise the Student Engagement Managers.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Experience & Credentials:
- Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent is required.
- 3 to 5 years of successful implementation of new programs with strong project management skills.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in domestic and international travel with students preferred.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills required.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Highly organized.