Elementary Substitute Teacher
The Substitute teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. A preschool substitute applicant must comply with all state education and licensing standards and maintains validation of credentials for the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Park Maitland policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education or equivalent preferred.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the education arena of the 21st Century.