IT Support Technician, Tier 1
Reporting to the IT Support Manager, the IT Support Technician, Tier 1 is the critical first line of support and provides on-site/remote support to our internal and external customers. The person in this position will play a key role in supporting the continued advancement of IT in the classroom and in the corporate office. This role will provide level-one support by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. Candidates must focus on relationship management and have the ability to coordinate with the required resources to respond to complex IT requirements. Though this position is based primarily out of our Campbell, CA office, it will require the candidate to frequently (multiple times a week) visit our campuses and work from home when required.
- Installs deploys and configures computers for customers
- Resolves and diagnoses client-side IT issues such as network, operating system, and software issues
- Hardware support, and new computer deployments
- Manages hardware assets such as desktops, laptops, printers, and spare parts
- Inputs trouble tickets into ServiceNow and provide escalation to appropriate teams when necessary
- Assists other IT teams in resolving network and server issues, installing and configuring new hardware, and participating in meetings to stay current with corporate-wide IT projects
- On-site visits to resolve issues or perform other related duties as required
- Provides remote support
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar, high-paced help desk environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Excellent customer service skills supporting users in various mediums such as telephone and email, as well as in-person.
- Must be able to perform computer hardware upgrades, from replacing hard drives, adding more memory, and replacing screens.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Precise and thorough attention to detail.
- Documentation and technical writing skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and set priorities, both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with Operating Systems (OS) image deployment which includes Windows, ChromeOS, macOS, and iOS images.
- MDM/EMM experience
- Ability to provide on-call and after-hours services for critical incidents and maintenance windows
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Demonstrated technical, analytical, organizational, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with an enterprise-level ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Fluent English language communication skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge of and practical ability to apply the ITIL framework.
- Knowledge of current versions of desktop supported software environments including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, web browsers, email clients, and office applications.
- Basic to mid-level network troubleshooting, which includes, but not limited to enterprise wireless deployment.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace/G-Suite, Google Apps, and Office 365
- Preferred: MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, A+, Network+ or similar certification(s)
- Preferred: Experience working in an educational environment with various edtech applications