Head Coach: Coed Badminton
Stratford Preparatory is hiring High School Sports Coaches for the 2022-2023 School Year!
Who We Are:
A coeducational private day school serving Grades 6-12, Stratford Preparatory builds on 22-years of creating outstanding educational outcomes for our students in Preschool to Grade 8 by expanding Stratford School’s mission through high school. We are excited to start this high school journey with the relocation of Stratford Raynor Middle School (Grades 6-8) to our new Blackford Avenue campus in San Jose and welcome our first class of high school students in Grade 9 in Fall 2022.
Stratford School’s purpose, “Connecting students to their unique futures,” reflects our commitment to show young people how they can successfully and independently develop the knowledge, skills, and depth of character they need to thrive in a transforming world. The school provides a rigorous and engaging college preparatory curriculum that focuses on real-world application of engineering, technology, and leadership skills, while also providing students opportunities to be confident learners, generous in spirit, and eager to follow their passions.
By participating in Stratford Athletics, students will have a positive, growth-filled experience where they have the opportunity to mature mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially. Through practice and competition, guided by seasoned coaches, students will build fundamental skills through sport-specific training and strength and conditioning, with a primary focus on the enjoyment of playing sports.
We acknowledge that the ultimate goal of athletics is to ensure the enjoyment, developmental growth, and well-being that sports provide. In service of this goal, Stratford’s Athletics programs are informed by the philosophy of Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) to support our coaches and athletes. Additionally, Stratford has partnered with the Functional Movement Systems (FMS) to ensure students have a well-rounded health and wellness program, helping them understand how to maximize their potential.
We invite you to visit our website: https://www.stratfordpreparatory.com/
Primary Responsibilities of a Stratford Sports Coach:
The responsibilities of the sports coaches will vary depending on the sport and needs, but in general, they will consist of some or all of the following:
- Commitment to the well-being of athletes, development of the Stratford athletic program, quality coaching, and continued education on best practices.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and administrate the scheduling of practice and games
- Manage equipment, uniforms, and facilities
- Travel on the school bus to away games and practice per the season schedule.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal coaching candidate will have:
- Experience coaching at the high school or college level
- A high school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree encouraged)
- Prior playing, coaching experience, or any combination of the two in the sport you seek to coach
- Strong knowledge of your sport, including but not limited to knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe sport-related corrective activities.
Skills and Attributes:
The ideal coach will be able to:
- Coach athletes of different ages and skill levels
- Communicate effectively
- Access and utilize technology
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, students, parents, and community members
The Nitty Gritty:
Stratford coaches will have the opportunity to grow through external professional development opportunities and internal training as founding members of Stratford Athletics. You will be able to build your program from the ground up, starting with Grade 9, then adding sports teams as interest grows and your team develops to become a Varsity program. Ideally, you will have the opportunity to grow with your team and have the authority to hire coaches to replace your position on more junior teams, with support from the Athletics Department.
Stratford believes in intentional balance. Therefore, we will be working to create a consistent schedule for our student-athletes. We expect our coaches to practice between 4:00-6:00 PM in the season. Coaches will be able to create pre-season development plans, schedule in-season games, scout opponents, prepare practice plans, and assist with post-season sports performance training to ensure quality support for their teams.
Coaches will be paid hourly based on their previous experience, certifications (If any), and level of education.