Elementary Substitute Teacher
The person selected for this position will be responsible to substitute as needed in the classroom. A substitute will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. As an elementary substitute, this person must be a college graduate and meet all other Stratford requirements for an elementary teaching position. The substitute teacher will work under direct supervision of the principal.
- Substitute as needed.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Prior to being hired, an elementary substitute teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
- Prior work experience in a classroom setting is needed.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Display energy and enthusiasm for the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity.