QA Manager (Engineering)
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented QA Manager or QA Lead who wants to make the next step in their career to work on the Football Manager franchise across all game versions and platforms. As one of the members of the QA Management team at Sports Interactive, you will play a key role in cultivating the QA strategy for all areas in your remit, as well as coaching and mentoring QA Leads and Testers who you will be responsible for.
You will join a passionate and flourishing team who care deeply about Football Manager, its quality and accuracy as the world’s leading football management simulation game.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills.
- Design, implement and execute cost, time efficient and innovative QA strategies for all relevant projects and platforms in collaboration with your team
- Produce reports for relevant stakeholders on testing progress on assigned projects against agreed project test strategies, highlighting concerns and suggest potential mitigations where necessary
- Manage, coach, and empower direct reports, suggesting potential learning and development opportunities to management
- Liaise with external partners, production, and other stakeholders to maximise productivity and enhance collaboration
- Research and identify potential opportunities to improve test processes across the studio, such as tools, automation, or analytics, to make testing more efficient; presenting and evangelising initiatives where required
Work and Academic Experience
- 2-3 years or more of relevant QA experience as a QA Lead or QA Manager, ideally within the games industry with previous line management experience preferred
- Prior academic qualifications in a games industry relevant technical qualification and/or professional certifications (such as ISTQB certification)
- Diplomatic and able to influence at all studio levels to ensure team success, and reporting on project quality risks where required
- Exceptional coaching and mentoring skills to develop and support team members and maximise their potential
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with all studio development teams and external partners
- Confident problem solver, with a solution-focussed mindset and able to innovatively utilise development tools to enhance QA processes (such as Xcode, Visual Studio Debugger, Charles Web Proxy and other tools in an effective way)
- Proven experience in managing multiple teams on and off-site and ensuring productivity and efficiency across all teams
- A broad knowledge of Football, as a sport and as a global industry would be a definite plus.
- Detailed understanding of quality assurance practices, both from a functional and non-functional perspective and defining efficient “left-shift” test strategies utilising them
- Exposure to SCRUM/Agile and how test teams are organised and empowered to work within these processes
- Experience in testing BI/analytics and using said data in order to evolve and refine test strategies
- Experience with digital distribution platforms such as Steam, Epic Games etc
- Practical experience with CI and source control systems such as Jenkins, Git, Perforce
- Experience using test automation systems, and experienced in evangelising them to the wider team and studio to facilitate adoption
- Knowledge of industry best practices in relation to test management tools such as Jira and TestRail
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment