Senior Front End Software Engineer/Tech Lead
Tech Lead / Senior Front End Software Engineer
Location – Kennington, London
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
You will be and engaging and excellent communicator who is well organised to meet deadlines. A great team player and leader who owns all aspects of software delivery.
In this position you will be responsible for
- Technical direction taken by the team
- Defining and designing the technical direction for the Software Components to be implemented
- Taking technical decisions when the team is debating and can't find a consensus
- Participating in the refinement of the tickets from the technical standpoint, and prioritising the tickets in the backlog
- Identifying and highlighting the risks related to the technical decisions taken
- Making sure all the tickets have a technical execution plan which is coherent with the direction taken by the team
- Overseeing and participating in the Code Review of each ticket, making sure all the standards of quality are met, and the implementation corresponds to what was agreed
- Not just focused on the purely technical aspect: 1) apply business awareness to their decisions, 2) taking into account the Factory timelines
You will join a team of highly regarded software engineers. You will develop and maintain software for a variety of business functions, including customer facing websites across desktop mobile and tablet, line of business applications, and middleware integrations across all tiers. Establishing early and continuous feedback loops with stakeholders for high quality outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with REST-based services and JSON
- Working experience in responsive mobile web applications
- Experience in push technologies (e.g. web sockets and SignalR)
- Excellent knowledge of the wide range of cross-browser issues and web standards that affect client-side development
- Well-versed with internet security threats and how to mitigate them
- Proven ability in delivering fully-tested software iteratively and continuously; this includes and it is not limited to a test-driven approach, unit-testing, test and release automation, and performance testing etc.
- Fully equipped to deliver software on a multi-developer environment
- Experience in working in a highly agile environment.
Extra marks if you have
- Experience with ASP.NET Core, MongoDB, or other caching technologies
- Experience in spread betting and the bookmaking industry