Senior Quantitative Analyst / Modeller
Quantitative Analyst / Senior Modeller
Location: Kennington, London
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
The Model Delivery department is one focussed on delivering Quantitative Trading Models and bespoke Tooling using mathematical expertise and highly skilled software development. The Model Delivery service is continually deployable and utilises a variety of .NET and open source technologies to enable high performance and reliability.
Within the wider team the Model Pricing function is responsible for developing quantitative models and tools required for trading a wide range of sports with an emphasis on using the best possible techniques and technologies to enable continuous improvement of price accuracy, performance and content.
We’re focused on using the best tool for the job so are looking for people who are keen to learn, gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and enjoy working in a continuous and agile delivery environment.
Reporting to the Model Pricing Team Lead the successful candidate will be required to:
- Understand how the models interact with the internal systems to produce and provide prices.
- Clearly explain methodologies used and reasons why to model consumers.
- Work closely with the Model Data Team to analyse and improve model performance and ensure all new development is data informed.
- Be involved in the verification of proposed changes, especially on derivative effects.
- Adapt model features and content in line with business priorities.
- Produce logical modelling solutions for new business requirements with an emphasis on the emerging American market.
- Support the business as required (possibly out of standard hours).
- Take a lead role in the development and maintenance of models.
- Be mainly but not exclusively involved and responsible for work on American sports.
A successful candidate will also be expected to take ownership of new and existing features by:
- Working closely with the business to understand requirements particularly within the American sports market.
- Building strong relationships across the business with other teams.
- Seeing work through from development to delivery and maintaining accordingly.
The successful candidate should have:
- A mathematical background (minimum of degree level or equivalent).
- Computer programming skills in technologies such as vba, c#, f#, python.
- Excellent communication skills, able to understand and translate complex technical information to others.
- Understanding of the sports betting industry, sports trading and sports modelling.
- Ability to solve problems and detail reason on the methods chosen.
- Experience of building mathematical models.
- Experience of working in the sports betting industry.
- The ability to mentor and work with other members of the team.
- Statistical Analysis experience
- Background in American Sports Modelling