Senior Quantitative Analyst - Sports Betting
Senior Quantitative Analyst
Location, St Paul’s London (Hybrid)
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, the industry’s leading pricing and risk management provider, supplying real-time trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
The Quantitative Trading Solutions department focusses on delivering trading models and bespoke tooling using mathematical expertise and highly skilled software development. The Model Delivery service is continually deployable and utilises a variety of .NET and open-source technologies to enable high performance and reliability.
Within the wider team, the Model Pricing function is responsible for developing the models and tools required for trading a wide range of sports with an emphasis on using the best possible techniques and technologies to enable continuous improvement of price accuracy, performance, and content.
We are a focused on creating best-in-class solutions within a fast-moving business and industry, so are looking for a talented individual who can fit into our team, bringing new ideas and experience, who would enjoy working within a continuous and agile delivery environment.
Reporting to the Model Pricing Team Lead the successful candidate will be required to:
- Take a lead role in the development of new models and the maintenance and improvement of existing models, including, but not limited to, the major four US sports.
- Work closely with the Model Data Team to analyse and improve model performance and ensure all new development is data informed.
- Adapt model features and content in line with business priorities.
- Be involved in the verification of proposed changes, especially on derivative effects.
- Understand how the models interact with internal systems to produce and provide prices.
- Clearly explain methodologies used to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide support for live services as required (possibly out of standard hours).
A successful candidate will also be expected to take ownership of new and existing features by:
- Working closely with the business to understand requirements particularly within the US sports market.
- Having a strong understanding of industry standards and product trends.
- Building strong relationships across the business with other teams.
- Seeing work through from development to delivery and maintaining accordingly.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years working within the sports betting industry, ideally in a similar role, and able to demonstrate knowledge of the industry, sports trading, and sports modelling
- A mathematical background (minimum of degree level or equivalent).
- Experience of building mathematical models for multiple sports.
- Excellent communication skills, able to understand and translate complex technical information.
- Ability to solve problems and detail reason on the methods chosen.
- The ability to mentor and work with other members of the team.
Extra Marks for:
- Statistical Analysis experience
- Programming skills in technologies such as C#, F#, Python, VBA.
- Background in US Sports Modelling