In Play Sports Trader
In-Play Sports Trader
Wigan, Greater Manchester
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
Due to expansion of our B2C and B2B offering we are currently looking for an In Play Sports Trader to join the growing team based in our Wigan office.
Ideally we would like someone with;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be a strongly motivated self-starter able to work reliably without supervision
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft applications and Excel in particular.
- Previous industry experience
The lifecycle of a sports event generally follows the following sequence:
Event creation > Pre-match pricing > Market Monitoring > In-play trading > Settlement > Post event analysis/database records.
This role is specifically targeted at ‘in-play trading’ and ‘market monitoring’ but encompasses all stages of the market life-cycle including quality assurance at each stage of the process.
We need someone to;
- Administer a personal trading schedule to maximise availability for in-play events
- Prepare trading models for in-play events and accurate entry of pricing variables using the underlying market as a basis
- Accurate manipulation of trading models and monitoring of market conditions to maintain pricing pre-match for both in-play and non-live events
- Accurate entry of in-play match data for in-play events
- Accurate entry of settlement criteria
- Have awareness of wholesale client requirements depending on sport/jurisdiction/market liquidity
- Analyse and record trading performance for future reference and performance management
What we’re looking for
- Passion for sports and betting
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work a rota of shifts flexible to the business requirements.
Extra marks if you have
- Knowledge of spread betting (and the relationship between spread and fixed odds trading)
- Previous experience of trading European sports
- Knowledge of fixed odds market and the principles involved in pricing and trading sports events