Sports Trading Risk Manager
Location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ and in our office in Wigan and has two principal divisions. Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
We are looking to recruit a Risk Manager to join our trading team. Reporting into a Sportsbook Trading Manager, the successful candidate will join a team focussing on the delivery of risk management service to our partners. Working alongside other trading teams and support teams, Risk Managers monitor and react to market movements and betting activity, control liabilities and highlight clients for review. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a strong knowledge of betting and a variety of sports with previous experience within a trading environment.
Elements of the role include:
- Monitor partners' betting activity and betting markets. Make accurate pricing and bet acceptance decisions at pace to optimise profitability.
- Analyse markets, betting patterns and performance to identify potential vulnerabilities and areas of opportunity.
- Ensure all markets are available for our partners in good time as per SLAs.
- Escalate issues appropriately within the business and engage in their resolution.
- Effectively respond to betting operator queries where necessary.
- Be vigilant in identifying suspicious betting patterns and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Responsible for testing the functionality of Risk Management tools after any updates in accordance with set deadlines for release.
- Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers. Ensuring the strongest level of service is maintained for our clients.
What we are looking for
- A passion and knowledge of sports and betting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong maths skills
- Flexibility to work shifts including, bank holidays, weekends and overnight
- Capable of taking ownership, working to tight deadlines, managing workloads, and making the right decisions at pace
- An inquisitive mind and someone who does not always settle for the status quo but will look to challenge the norm and propose improvements.
- Previous experience working in trading or odds compilation, including pre-match and in-play.
- Strong understanding of the correlation between betting markets
Extra marks if you have
- Knowledge of spread betting (and the relationship between spread and fixed odds trading)
- Experience of working in a B2B business within the betting industry.