Business Development Manager - Sporting Solutions
Business Development Manager
Location – Kennington, London
Part of the Sporting Group, Sporting Solutions is the premium supplier and market leader for odds provision, trading expertise and risk management services. We were born from Sporting Index – the global leader in trading the most volatile form of sports betting since 1992 – and for the past decade have been leveraging this capability to deliver a best-of-breed b2b proposition. Today, Sporting Solutions works with over 40 operators in regulated jurisdictions, including many of the best-known bookmakers in the UK and internationally.
As part of the next stage of development of Sporting Solutions we are looking to recruit a high calibre Business Development Manager who will take responsibility for growing Sporting Solutions revenues by building and closing sales leads. The Business Development Manager will have at their disposal market leading pricing and risk management services, supported by ongoing investment into an ambitious product roadmap and growth strategy. Backed up by full sales and marketing support, the Business Development Manager will have every opportunity to achieve future sales success.
- Bright, self-motivated and positive, with a track record of sales expertise, and the aptitude to think outside of the box to achieve desired outcomes.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and a passion for doing the right thing.
- Able and willing to travel abroad and work outside normal hours when necessary.
- Actively and professionally manage the entire sales cycle, from lead generation and prospecting to arranging appointments, preparing opportunity reviews, developing proposals and presentations, managing pre-sales technical discovery, negotiating and closing.
- Thoroughly research and understand a prospect’s business drivers including current status, issues, objectives, requirements and decision-making process. Advise prospects on the best mix of products and services required to meet their business needs.
- Assist the Senior Business Development Manager with developing sales strategies in the company’s strategic markets, building an in-depth understanding of regulatory and product trends to identify and seize opportunities.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline and ensure that all pipeline activity is tracked and surfaced to stakeholders.
- Work alongside Account Management to maximise the commercial value of partners onboarded by nurturing relationships, appraising market and business intelligence for upsell angles and thinking creatively to navigate roadblocks.
- Attend meetings with prospects as required domestically and internationally.
- Ensure high levels of communication with prospects, responding to queries, tenders, RFP’s and other requests for information through emails, calls & face to face meetings.
- Undertake product demonstrations in order to ensure key selling points (and features) are matched to identified client needs.
- Liaise with and keep informed other key business areas such as integration support, service delivery and product development so that Business Development plans and requirements are fully understood.
- Fully understand competitor products and services (including strengths, weaknesses and pricing) in order to pitch Sporting Solutions, and its products, with a clear competitive advantage.
- Pursue networking opportunities by representing SSLN at conferences, events and special interest blogs/forums, always maintaining a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensure industry and market knowledge is up to date and relevant through proactive independent research.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of SSLN’s suite of products and services, whilst understanding it’s USP’s in order to deliver a clear and concise sales message.
What we’re looking for
- A proven and impressive business development track record, with excellent experience of the full sales life cycle.
- B2B sales and account planning/management experience obtained in a client facing role, preferably in a betting software and/or data services environment.
- Experience of selling at all levels, including to CEO and Director levels.
- A passion for sport and sports betting.
- Numerate and literate with excellent commercial sense.
- Superb communication skills. Able to deliver information clearly and concisely and produce top quality written proposals and presentations.
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and distil the most important/relevant information to build successful sales plans.
- Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills.
Extra marks if you have
- Over two years’ experience of working in B2B sales for a sports betting services supplier.
- Any language skills desirable.